Applications for the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (the LEP) #Grow fund open now
FinTech North / 1st June 2022
The Leeds City Region Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) and it is partners have a range of products and services to support SMEs in the Leeds city region. Their goal is to undertake activities to drive economic growth and create local jobs.
The #Grow fund is no different, and presents a great opportunity to aid in achieving your business goals. It’s an initiative designed to support businesses within the creative, digital/tech, MedTech and FinTech sectors based in West Yorkshire to expand and create new jobs. The grant is limited to a maximum of 20% of capital costs, subject to a minimum grant of £10,000 and maximum of £50,000.
The grant may be used for:
- Capital equipment
- Alterations to land and/or premises to meet the growth needs of the business
- Office fit out
- Architects / design consultancy fees, IT consultancy costs for the layout of systems and cabling
Your business could be eligible for a grant contribution if you meet the following criteria:
- Have a presence in West Yorkshire (Bradford, Leeds, Wakefield, Calderdale and Kirklees)
- Are a creative, digital/tech, MedTech* or FinTech business
- Have eligible capital costs associated with the proposed investment
- 100 employees or less.
- Will create new employment opportunities in West Yorkshire
- Have a trading history of a minimum of 12 months
- Have an eligible capital project with a value over £20,000
All projects must be completed and grant claimed by 31 December 2022. When applying, applicants should first complete an enquiry form on the LEP website.
For more information on the eligibility criteria, application process and more, check out the information sheet on their website – here.
Got a question? Reach out to Senior Economic Development Officer at Leeds City Council, Parminder Singh (firstname.lastname@example.org)