Financial Inclusion Forum 10/12/2020 11:00
At FinTech North we believe FinTech can be a force for good and societal change. FinTech has enabled many people to improve their financial literacy and, in an age of online banking and instant payments, has improved access to Financial Services for the majority of people.
But what about the financially disenfranchised? How can we help those with bad credit? What about the unbanked? Did you know 1.6 million people in the UK do not have bank accounts? Around 13 million adults in the UK face Financial Exclusion.
In the run up to this festive holiday season, where the majority of commerce will take place online away from the streets and shop-fronts, we want to draw attention to Financial Inclusion and those who are excluded by an increasingly digital system.
At this event we want to explore what the sector is currently doing to improve access to financial services and what more can be done within FinTech and society as a whole. We will also invite contributions from charities and 3rd sector, public and private sector organisations, as well as the FinTech North Community.
We have assembled a panel of good friends and colleagues to explore Financial Inclusion from multiple angles. We can’t wait to hear from:
- Neil Harris, Group Chief Commercial Officer, Global Processing Services and Founder, The Inclusion Foundation
- Jem Henderson, Entrepreneur Engagement Manager, Tech Nation
- Dr Karen Elliot, Senior Lecturer and Associate Professor (FinTech), Newcastle University Business School
- Angela Yore, Managing Director, Sky Parlour
- Julian Graham-Rack, CEO, PrinSIX
- Lee Hemsworth, Chief Officer Customer Access and Welfare, Leeds City Council
- Felix Litzkow, Venture Studio Manager, Crisis Venture Studio
If you or your organisation are interested in sponsoring this event, please contact FinTech North Engagement Manager Joe Roche (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Photo by Rene Böhmer on Unsplash.